Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Week One EOC: Great Customer Service


I recently went to the Fashion Show Mall to go shopping for an outfit for my friend’s birthday. I usually go to the same stores, Nordstrom, Topshop and Forever 21. So this visit was as standard as always, but I was really surprised by the customer service in Topshop. I really am not one that likes to be bothered while I’m shopping because most of the times I don’t even know what I want. This time was different because an associate comes up and compliments me on what I’m wearing, which is always a plus, but then she starts to recommend items that resemble that style I’m wearing. I was honestly impressed with the service she was giving me because I liked almost everything she showed me. I pointed out the things I wanted to try on and she immediately got me a dressing room. I browsed around for some other clothes but she really nailed it. Once I was in the dressing room she asked me once if everything was going okay and I said yes and she didn't bother me again, also she brought me one more item she thought I would really like and again I did. Once I was finished she was very attentive, but not clingy or annoying about checking out. I wasn't quite ready because I always like to double check the store before I buy anything. Again she was not following me around or staring at me until I was done, so that made me happy. As soon as I was ready, she noticed I was in line and opened up a register to check me out. I get that she works on commission, so she was doing this more for her benefit, but honestly she made me feel as if I was important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment